Thursday, October 20, 2011

Deleted tests

QUESTION
I have been using thatquiz for my Algebra students for the last few
years. Today I made a mistake and clicked on delete instead of notify
and all of the scores from my class disappeared. Is there a way for me
to recover those tests scores?

ANSWER
 If the scores were more than 24 hours old, then you can try this:
1. Download a CSV file of all existing grades for safekeeping.
2. Delete the entire class (really).
3. Create a new class.
4. Click Import.
5. Choose to "Restore a class which was previously deleted".
This restores the class from the last nightly backup.  It will include
all grades recorded before today. However, if any tests were
completed today, those grades are not recoverable, since backups occur
once every 24 hours, at night.

No comments: