Saturday, November 9, 2013

How can I edit an assigned test?

QUESTION
Is there a way to edit questions in quizzes you've created?  I'm hoping I'm just missing something obvious.  It seems yesterday I was able to edit the questions, but today the only thing coming up is the preferences page where I can reorder the questions, choose the testing options, etc.  I can't actually access the test questions and rewrite them.  What am I missing?

ANSWER
In the Design area (click the "Design" link) you can edit the questions at any time.
Once a test is assigned to a class, however, that is a separate, permanent copy of the test.  Even if you edit the question text in the design area, the copy assigned to the class does not change accordingly.
If there's a serious mistake you should delete the assigned test, make edits under "Design" and then assign again.

No comments: