Friday, September 30, 2011

Seeing the class average for a test

QUESTION
I love that quiz! I have used it every day for the past 3 years and
tell everyone I know about it. I was wondering if there is an easy way
to see the class average on a quiz? I like to get my classes competing
with each other and wondered if there is a way besides importing to
excel, that I could do this. If not, having the feature on the grades
pages would be a wonderful addition. Thanks for the great site.

ANSWER
 When you are in the grades table, click on the test name at the top
of a column.  This opens a grade report for that particular test,
showing all student results.  At the top of the report (underneath the
"Email results" link) you'll see something like:
Grades: 22
Average: 87
Where grades is the number of grades, and average is the average
score.  If you look at a grade report for a single test, then the
average is the class average for all students who have tested.

No comments: